On this page you’ll find the privacy policies relevant to you, on what kind of information of yours is collected, how care is taken, how your information is used and shared, and how to get in touch about your personal information.
Qikio distributes insurance policies for various underwriters and makes available to You their respective Privacy policies. We have made their Privacy Policies available, please choose the relevant underwriter and product below:
- Chubb Insurance Australia Limited - Qikio Contents Insurance
- Petcover Aust Pty Ltd - Qikio Pet Insurance
- Wise and Silent Pty Ltd battleface Insurance Pty Ltd -
Effective: July 2022
This policy describes what personal information we collect about you and how it is used and shared.
At Qikio, we strive to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that you share with us.
In this policy, 'we', 'us', 'our' means Australian Insurance Company Pty Ltd (AIC) and Qikio Pty Ltd (Qikio). Qikio Pty Ltd (Qikio), is an authorised representative of Australian Insurance Company Pty Ltd (AIC).
Things you do and information you provide
When you purchase insurance arranged by Qikio, we collect personal information from you depending on what information you choose to disclose to us and how you use Qikio services, which may include:
- your name, date of birth, gender;
- contact details such as your residential address, telephone numbers, email;
- information relevant to providing a product or service;
- underwriting information like your claims history and driving history;
- information obtained as part of the management and processing of a claim, for example information on a police report;
- other information we think is necessary.
We also collect the content and other information you provide when you use our products or services, including when you sign up for an account, purchase a financial product, make a change to a product or make a claim. We also collect information about how you use our products or services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, or the frequency and duration of your activities.
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our products or services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent products and services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers;
- device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals; and
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Information from third-party partners
We collect your personal information directly from you when we can. However, there may be occasions where we collect your personal information from someone else, like:
- our authorised representatives, distributors, referrers, agents, business partners, affiliates, insurers, underwriters or related companies;
- our service providers;
- people you have authorised us to deal with about your policy;
- the Australian Financial Complaints Authority or any other external dispute resolution body;
- any other organisation or person where you have consented to them providing your personal information to us or consented to us collecting personal information from them.
Telephone and emails
We record and securely store all telephone conversations for quality and coaching purposes. All emails are also stored securely.
Government related identifiers
We do not ask for, use or disclose government related identifiers of an individual (e.g. your tax file number). Should Qikio come into possession of such an identifier we will notify you in writing by email, and take steps to de-identify and destroy the information as soon as practicable.
How do we take care of your personal information?
We care about the security of your personal information and we take steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality requirements and privacy training of our employees;
- security measures to control access to our systems and premises;
- only giving access to personal information to a person who is verified to be able to receive that information;
- ensuring third parties meet Qikio’s privacy obligations; and
- electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption on our website.
We only keep your information for as long as we require it for our purposes or as required by law. When we no longer require your information, we’ll ensure that your information is destroyed or de-identified.
How do we use your information?
We will use your personal information for the purposes we collected it, as well as purposes that are related, such as the following purposes:
- handling your enquiries;
- providing a product or service;
- handling complaints;
- managing our business operations (including our IT infrastructure, website, and statistical/maintenance purposes) and company research and development;
- conducting market research and communicating details about our products and services, including for marketing purposes;
- auditing, quality assurance and training; or
- any other purposes communicated to you at the time we collect your personal information and as permitted by law.
You may contact us at any time to “opt out” of receiving marketing communications or unsubscribe by following the links in any relevant email messages.
How is your information shared?
We share your information with third-party service providers for the purposes of providing our products and services to you.
We may also share your personal information:
- if we are required to by a court order, subpoena or other legal requirements;
- you have consented to us sharing it with a third-party for a particular purpose;
- with an insurance broker or agent acting on your behalf or who you have designated to act on your behalf;
- where it is necessary for a third-party to assist us in providing our products and services, for example, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, insurance reference bureaus, lawyers, accountants, loss adjusters and others involved in the providing of products and services or claims handling processes; or
- for any other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
Some examples of these third parties that we may share your personal information with are:
- our authorised representatives, distributors, referrers, agents, business partners, affiliates;
- our insurers or underwriters;
- Insurance Reference Services (a member-based organisation supporting Australian general insurance company members with understanding policyholder claims history);
- our service providers; and
- our professional advisers.
Sharing outside of Australia
If your personal information is collected or supplied to an organisation outside of Australia we will ensure it will be held, used or disclosed only in accordance with the Privacy Act. We may store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic systems. As electronic or networked systems can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it is not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held. If your information is held in this way, disclosures may occur in overseas countries. If this occurs, we will ensure that it will be held, used or disclosed only in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We will notify you by email of any changes to this Policy. Your continued use of the Service after notification of such a change means that you accept the changes to its content.
How can I access or correct information about me?
You will have access to your personal information unless there are legal reasons why you can’t. You can ask us to access or correct your personal information that we hold by calling us on 1300 459 346 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give you access to your information in the form you want it where it’s reasonable and practical. There may be a fee to cover the costs when giving you access, but we’ll discuss this with you first.
If we can’t give you access, we will explain why in writing. If you have concerns, you can make a complaint to us by contacting us via phone or email.
What happens if something goes wrong
Where any of the personal information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we’ll take reasonable steps to investigate. In accordance with the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme, we will notify you in the event your personal information is involved in a data breach that is likely to result in serious harm. This notification will include recommendations about the steps you can take in response to the breach. We will also notify the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) of eligible data breaches.
How to contact Qikio with questions or complaints
If you have any questions about this policy, or a complaint about our handling of your personal information, or if you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below.
Phone: 1300 459 346
Qikio’s Underwriters & Product Issuers
Chubb Insurance Australia Limited - Qikio Contents Insurance
Qikio Contents Insurance is issued and underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (Chubb). Australian Insurance Company Pty Ltd is authorised by Chubb to arrange for the issue of this insurance on behalf of Chubb. AIC has appointed Qikio Pty Ltd as its Authorised Representative.
Chubb is our Qikio Contents Insurance underwriter and they also manage your policy updates, claims handling and can assist with enquiries you have about the product or service.
Petcover Aust Pty Ltd - Qikio Pet Insurance
Qikio Pet Insurance is issued and underwritten by Petcover Aust Pty Ltd ABN 97 117 476 990 (Petcover). Australian Insurance Company Pty Ltd is authorised by Petcover to arrange for the issue of this insurance on behalf of Petcover. AIC has appointed Qikio Pty Ltd as its Authorised Representative.
Petcover is our Pet provider and they also manage your policy updates, claims handling and can assist with enquiries you have about the product or service.
Wise and Silent Pty Ltd & battleface Insurance Pty Ltd - Qikio Travel Insurance
Qikio Travel Insurance is distributed by Wise and Silent Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN: 27 654 979 781)(WAS), is administered by battleface Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 28 650 606 045, AFSL 536280) and is underwritten by Pacific International Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 83 169 311 193). Qikio Pty Ltd (ABN 84 648 643 369, AR 1296984)(Qikio) is battleface’s authorised representative and acts on behalf of battleface.
battleface is our Travel Insurance provider. They manage your policy updates, claims handling and can assist with enquiries you have about the product or service.